What has changed with Frontier in University Village?
- Students will no longer be responsible for activating and deactivating accounts with Frontier as APU is the responsible party in this agreement..
- Students will no longer have the ability to add TV or upgrade their speed using Frontier. Each unit is equipped with a 200/200 router.
- Students are responsible for the router in the units and asked to not disturb them or remove them.
- When you move into your unit please check to see if the router is there a router is not in the unit at check out the students will be charged for it’s replacement
What do I do if my internet is not working or I am experiencing unstable connection?
Restart the Router
If that does not solve the issue with your Frontier Wi-Fi, contact the Frontier Bulk Customer Support at 844-660-0648.
They will redirect your issue to Frontier.
What do I do when I arrive in my unit?
Follow these instructions:
1. Reset the Router
Frontier Router Reset Instructions
2. Create a new Password
How do I create a password for my Units Wifi network?
Find your network name (or SSID) and password on a sticker on the back, bottom or side of your router.
- Connect a computer directly to your wireless router with an Ethernet cable.
- When asked, choose WPA/WPA2 security and AES encryption (depending on your options).
- When asked, create a strong password (or key) to keep your wireless network secure: minimum 8 characters; mix of letters (upper and lower case), numbers and symbols (no spaces). Avoid using common words or personal information.
- Make note of your new password and keep it safe.
What do I do when leaving my University Village Unit at the end of a Semester or Summer?
Nothing, just leave the router in the unit. Your RA will check to make sure it is in the unit when doing the final check out.
What if my roommate is staying but I will be leaving?
The service from Frontier is no longer connected to anyone's name so nothing needs to be done in this circumstance.
What about APUWIFI and MY-DEVICES?
APUWIFI and MY-DEVICES will still be available on campus, in non-UV residences, and Regional Campuses.