What you will need:
- 15 mins
- Computer or Mobile Phone
- MFA Authenticator App (prerequisite)
Step 1: Log in to home.apu.edu with your APU ID and Password.
Use the menu on the left hand side to navigate to Cougar Lock found under My Profile.
Click the Enable button to enroll your APU Account.
You should receive a message that says Cougar Lock has been Activated!
Step 2: Open home.apu.edu in a new tab
You will be taken to the setup page with a QR code, "One Time Use Codes" and a final confirmation.
- Save/Print the page with QR code, "One Time Use Codes" and a final confirmation to a pdf or printer. Save them in a secure location (no sticky notes)
Step 3: Install Authenticator Application on Your Phone
- Open the MFA app and use the camera to scan the QR Code. If you are using a group role account across multiple people, each person will need to scan this same code.
- Confirm you have configured the app and saved the backup code then click "Register".
Step 4: Using Cougar Lock
- Now login to home.apu.edu and use your the verification code generated from your authenticator app and type it in to the available field.
Congratulations: You're now using Cougar Lock and your account is more secure 🎉.
Please reach out to us: