This article is part of a larger series on Remote Teaching Resources. See related Essential Canvas-related questions for remote teaching. If you need additional support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of Spring 2020, all faculty are required to use Canvas to teach their courses, regardless of modality or level. The following are minimum Canvas use requirements. This information is also available as a Google Doc for downloading and printing.
- Import APU course template (optional, but recommended)
- Upload a syllabus and essential course materials.
- Create and grade assignments.
- Maintain a gradebook (enable grading scheme and check gradebook settings)
- Post essential announcements, including virtual office hours.
- Make sure course materials meet accessibility standards.
- Publish the course for students access.