What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing tool available to all members of the Azusa Pacific University community. With Zoom you are able to have a video meeting directly from your computer or mobile device.
How do I get a Zoom Meeting account?
- Go to https://apu.zoom.us/
- Click on Sign-in.
- Sign-in with your APU Net ID and Password
- All members of the APU community will be automated assigned a Zoom Pro license.
What are the features of my Zoom Meeting Pro license?
- Host up to 300 participants
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Meeting duration limit is 24 hours
What is the difference between a Zoom Meeting and Webinar?
- The Meeting and Webinar platforms offer similar features and functionality but have some key differences. See comparison.
- Meetings are designed to be a collaborative event with all participants being able to screen share, turn on their video and audio, and see who else is in attendance.
- Webinars are designed so that the host and any designated panelists can share their video, audio and screen. Webinars allow view-only attendees. They have the ability to interact via Q&A, Chat, and answering polling questions. The host can also unmute the attendees. Attendees in webinars, can not rename themselves as well.
How do I get a Zoom Webinar account?
- APU has a handful of free Zoom Webinar licenses (each can host up to 100 participants) that can be temporarily assigned. If you'd like to request a Zoom Webinar license for a specific event, please contact email@example.com.
- Zoom Webinar with greater hosting capacity (up to 10,000 participants) can be purchased by the requester. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and purchase request.