Google just released Priority page in Drive as a new way to help you stay focused and get work done. This page will help you access the files you need through a combination of suggestions and workspaces. With the new Priority page, not only are the most relevant files served up to you, but you can take action on them, as well as sort them into workspaces.
You can access the Priority page from the left-hand navigation panel in Google Drive. The idea is to make accessing your most important files easier and helps you work more efficiently.
Features you’ll see on the Priority page:
- Here you’ll see the documents Google thinks are most relevant to you right now. These machine-learning-powered suggestions are based on various signals from your activity. On each suggested document, you can also take actions in line, without navigating to the doc in question, like replying to a comment or reviewing recent edits.
- In Workspaces, you’ll be able to see intelligent suggestions of related content to group together for easier access— like multiple files related to the same project.
- You can also create your own personalized Workspaces collecting any files you have access to, including content stored in your My Drive and various Shared Drives (formally Team Drives).
- If users would like to make Priority their default home page, they can do so in their settings, which is accessible via the gear icon in the upper righthand corner.
- Right-click on any file and select Add to Workspace to dynamically group files as you work.