Need some help? - Request Import Form
- Select the course you would like to import the content into (i.e. a new course site).
- Click Settings on the Course Navigation menu on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click Import Course Content on the right side of the page.
- In the Content Type drop-down menu, select Copy a Canvas Course.
- Locate the course you want to copy content from by typing the name of the course.
- Note: select the "Include completed courses" option below the "Search for a course" field if you would like to import from a past term.
- Click to select the desired course when it appears.
- Choose what you want to copy:
- Select All content if you want to import everything from the previous course
2. Choose Select specific content if you only want to select elements from a previous course
- The Course Import Tool can adjust events and due dates to the new date ranges of the new term.
- In the Beginning date box, select or enter the original start date of the course you are importing.
- Enter the new date on which you want the course to begin in the change to date box in the same row. We recommend the first official day of class.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the Ending date boxes to adjust the course's ending date
- Click Import.
- Once you have started an import, the Current Jobs menu displays the job status of any imports in process, as well as any prior import history.
We hope this information gets your new term off to a great start. If you have any questions please contact us by email: Canvas@apu.edu