1. Students using a Chromebook will need to use the regular LockDown Browser installation link for your institution. Download Lockdown Browser for APU use within Canvas HERE
2. Click "Add to Chrome" to install extension
A short video is available here.
Please note, if the instructor allows an exam to use the Chromebook version of LockDown Browser, it will automatically launch LockDown Browser at the appropriate time.
To obtain technical support, or to report a bug/issue, open a support ticket at https://support.respondus.com/
Limitations and/or known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook (beta):
- Quiz passwords (specified via the "optional password" field in the LockDown Browser Dashboard) aren’t currently supported
- The “Early Exit” feature in LockDown Browser isn’t currently supported
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available
- (Canvas) When using “New Quizzes,” students currently encounter a warning that the browser can’t open this page (this can be ignored)
- LockDown Browser’s “Help Center” is currently unavailable
- "Allow access to specific external web domains" option is currently not supported
- (Brightspace) Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome for the server otherwise the student gets stuck on the "Start Quiz" page
- (Canvas) “Google Chrome OS can’t open this page” error will occur.