To access files on your local MacOS computer from inside any Citrix Virtual App/Desktop is typically enabled by default. You can skip to step 5 to see if things are working first. If your local files are still not appearing, you can follow these steps to ensure access:
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace application from the Citrix Website.
- Right click (Option+Click or TwoFinger Click) on the Workspace Icon in the task bar, and select Preferences from the drop down menu.
- Under the File Access tab, choose Read and Write from the list of options.
- Close any open sessions and start a new one by launching a Citrix Virtual App or Desktop through the Citrix Workspace App.
- Access your local files when using the browse or save-as function in applications.
You'll see three drives that will appear under "This PC". They will give you access to the root of your local hard drive, other connected drives, and your user's home folder respectively.
- Your User folder will probably be inside of Local Disk C: > Users > your username. For example, if you were on my (aroberts) iMac this is how you would get to my user folder :
Article is closed for comments.