To access files on your local Windows computer from inside any Citrix Virtual App/Desktop is typically enabled by default. You can skip to step 7 to see if things are working first. If your local files are still not appearing, you can follow these steps to ensure access:
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace app from Citrix's website.
- Launch Citrix's file access configuration tool by running CtxCFRUI.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client. You can run this directly by launching the run box (WindowKey + R) and entering:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\CtxCFRUI.exe
- Confirm that All hard disks and devices with removable storage is bubbled:
Note: Setting the files to custom and adding your files will allow you to continue;
however, you will not be able to view your local drives.
- Click the OK button to close the program.
- Close any open sessions and start a new one by launching a Citrix Virtual App or Desktop through the Citrix Workspace App.
- After you connect, you may receive a warning. If you want to access files on your local computer. Select Permit all access.
- Access your local computer's local drives through indicated drives:
You can find your local drives as listed with the local drive letter and the computer's hostname. The local hard drive is listed here as "(C: on RC-MEDIA)".