What is LockDown Browser?
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down
the testing environment in Canvas. When students use
LockDown Browser to access a quiz, they are unable to
print, copy, visit other websites, access other applications, or
close a quiz until it is submitted for grading. Quizzes created
for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with
The first time you click on the LockDown Browser tool you will be asked to Authorize LockDown Browser.
Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser for Faculty
This 3-minute video shows how LockDown Browser works within Canvas courses. When students use LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another website, or access other applications.
Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser for Students
This 2-minute video provides an overview of how LockDown Browser works for students.
How to prepare a Canvas Quiz for use with LockDown Browser?
This 2-minute video shows how to prepare a quiz for use with LockDown Browser within Canvas courses.
Instructor Training for LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
This 60-minute video includes a comprehensive training on both LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor.
- LockDown Browser work on Chromebooks.
- The Knowledge Base provides answers to frequently asked questions
- Quick Start Guides are a good reference for new users
- Demo movies and training videos are available for each product and for some specific features
- User Guides provide detailed information on all aspects of the software