Google Team Drives (now called Shared Drives) are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere from any device. Files stored in Google Drive, also known as My Drive, are owned by the drive owner. Files stored in a Team Drive belong to the team instead of an individual.
Team Drives are ideal for work groups or project teams who need to collaborate on documents together. Any Faculty and staff member can create a Team Drive and add anybody to the Team Drive, including students or collaborators outside of APU. When a team member leaves or is removed from the group, all of their files remain in the Team Drive so that the team can continue to share information.
- Files remain after an employee leaves.
- All members of a Team Drive see the same content.
- You can add external users to a Team Drive.
- Files are searchable.
- Setup a Team Drive - Follow these instructions to create a Team Drive, add members, and set permissions.
- Add Files and Folders - Learn how to create folders and add and open files.
- Organize Files - Find instructions for how to move, delete, restore, and search for files.
- Share and Collaborate - Share files with people who are not part of the designated team.
- Team Drives Known issues
- Team Drives FAQ
APU students including student workers can not create their own Team Drives; however, they can be members of any Team Drive.
Please sign in to leave a comment.