IMT is releasing a few feature in voicemail, called Voicemail to Email. The voicemail system has been configured to send a copy of new voicemail to an employee’s APU Gmail inbox. This feature is an addition to normal voicemail functionality. You will still be able to listen to voicemail as you always have from your phone, if you prefer.
- Email notifications for voicemail! Be alerted to new messages as soon as they are left.
- Listen to your voicemail from wherever you can read email (computer, smartphone, tablet).
- See the name or number of the person who left you a message allowing you to prioritize what you listen to first.
- Easily share a voicemail with teammates for followup, just forward the email (keeping in mind your FERPA/HIPPA training).
- Using APU Gmail filters, you can organize all your voicemail into one or many labels of your choosing (including trash), keeping your Gmail inbox tidy.
What to Expect
- Voicemail on your desk phone will continue as normal, i.e., red light.
- Emails with voicemail attachments are visually distinguished with a icon in the subject line.
- Listening to the voicemail from your email will not mark the message read nor clear the red light on your phone. It is just a copy in your email.
- Deleting the email does not delete the voicemail on your desk phone.
For more information, refer to the Voicemail-to-Email FAQ.