Operating System Updates
With automatic update, your computer always has the latest operating system improvements and fixes, meaning that your first line of defense against viruses and exploits is at its strongest. It will check for updates whenever you are online and then download and install what it needs. In addition to virus protection, having the latest Windows Updates will allow you to meet APU's requirements for accessing wireless and wired networks.
Automatic Windows Updates for PC Users
- Go to Start > Control Panel or, in some Windows configurations, Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Select the tab for Automatic Updates
- Select Automatic or Automatically keep my computer up to date...
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Click the Start button > All Programs > Windows Update.
- Select Change Settings and select Install updates automatically.
Automatic Software Updates for Apple Users
Macintosh OS X only
- Click at the top left of the screen and select System Preferences... from the menu.
- Under the System heading, select Software Updates.
- Select the checkbox for Check for updates and Download Updates Automatically and select Weekly or Daily from the drop-down box.