This network will provide internet and network resources to devices pre-registered at mydevices.apu.edu (i.e. gaming systems and televisions).
Connecting a device to the MyDevices network can vary depending on the device and where it has the MAC address located. The MAC address is made of six alphanumeric number pairs separated by colons like this A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6. This is usually located in the settings of the device and then in network settings. Device-specific instructions for finding your MAC address are available in step 4 of this article.
Please note that wireless printers are not compatible with any APU wireless networks. Personal printers can be used by connected using a wired connection.
1. On a computer, go to mydevices.apu.edu
2. There may be a private connection error message, but to bypass it, click on "Advanced" and then "proceed to mydevices.apu.edu"
3. Enter your APU NetID (no @apu.edu) and password
4. Enter your device’s MAC address and a description.
To locate your device's MAC address:
- Hold down the “Windows Key” and press “R“.
- Type “cmd“, then press “Enter“.
- Type “ipconfig /all” and press “Enter“.
- The “Physical Address” is listed, that is the MAC address of your network card.
- Choose System Preferences after clicking on the Apple logo at the top left of your screen.
- In the View menu, select the Network option
- On the left of the Network window, click the name of your connection (e.g. Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Built-in Ethernet).
- Choose Advanced, and then choose the Hardware or Ethernet tab.
- The MAC address will be listed as the MAC address, or possibly Ethernet ID.
- Go to mydevices.apu.edu. Enter your APU credentials and click "sign on."
- Add the Wireless MAC Address into the Device MAC Address" then add your device name into "Description." Then press "Submit." Check to make sure the Device ID matches the Wireless MAC Address on your device. Then sign out.
- Back on your device, connect to APU-MYDEVICES.
- Congratulations! Your device is now on APU-MYDEVICES.
5. Click Submit and Connect your Device to APU-MYDEVICES!