Downloading & Installing EndNote
EndNote is available for download to the faculty, staff, and students of APU. The following guide will assist you in downloading and installing the program. Windows Instructions and macOS Instructions are both available on this page.
You can download the EndNote Installer from This Support Page.
1. Go to the University Software Downloads page and download the EndNote installer. Take note of where your web browser will download the .zip file so you can access it after the download completes.
2. Before you begin the EndNote installation, make sure you extract ALL files by using the mouse right click on the zip files and choose extract all. If you are prompted for a license key, it is likely that this step was not followed, or the installer was moved out of the extracted location.
3. After clicking on the Extract All Files option, you will be presented with a window that will allow you to create a folder to extract the files to as well as a check box to show the files when the extraction is completed. Continue by clicking the extract button.
4. Once extraction is completed, open the newly extracted folder and open the .msi installer. You can do this by double clicking the installer to start the installation, or by using a right click and choosing install from the menu.
5. If UAC asks if you want to run the installer select "Yes".
6. When the installer opens select next "Next" button.
7. Continue the installation by clicking the "Accept" button and agree to the volume license agreement.
8. If desired browse the Read Me information and click "Next" when you're ready to continue.
9. Accept the License Agreement, then click the "Next" button.
10. Choose to perform a typical installation, or choose "Custom" if you wish to verify specific features, or install locations.
11. Leave the default destination as configured unless your system requres that it be changed. Continue by clicking the "Next" button.
12. Start the installation by clicking the "Next" button.
13. EndNote will start to install. You will see multiple progress bars and windows appear for the duration of the installation. After the the installation is complete you will be presented a window with a "Finish" button, which will close the installer once clicked.
- Go to the University Software Downloads page and download the EndNote installer. Take note of where your web browser will download the .dmg file so you can access it after the download completes.
- Mount the .dmg file by double clicking on the downloaded file.
- A new Finder window will appear. Launch the EndNote Installer by double clicking on the application icon.
- If a security window opens, choose to launch the application by clicking on the "Open" button.
- Click the "Install" button to start the installation.
- The installation will start.
- After the installation is complete, EndNote will launch and you may receive a message from macOS that it needs to be optimized. Acknowledge it by clicking the "OK" button.
- Choose the "Next" button to continue past the Welcome and ReadMe sections of the customizer.
- Enter your local account administrator password (usually, this is the username and password to log into your computer) to allow EndNote to update it's application from the internet.
This installation and setup is complete. If you need assistance with these steps, contact the IMT Support Center at 626-815-5050.
Need more help with EndNote? Check out these resources