Downloading & Installing EndNote
EndNote is available for download to the faculty, staff, and students of APU. The following guide will assist you in downloading and installing the program.
1. Take note of where your web browser will be downloading the file to so you can access it after the download completes
2. Before you begin the EndNote installation, make sure you EXTRACT all files by selecting the Extract all files option up top. You can also double click on the zipped file to extract or right click on the zip files and choose extract all.
3. After clicking on the Extract All Files option, you will be presented with a window that will allow you to create a folder to extract the files to as well as a check box to show the files when the extraction is completed
4. Once extraction is completed, open the newly extracted folder.
5. Open the License text in order to see the License Key which will be needed later in the installation. You can highlight the License Key and copy it for future use.
6. Double click the installer to start the installation.
7. If UAC asks if you want to run the installer select "Yes".
8. When the installer opens select "Next"
9. Enter the product key which is located in the "License.txt" (See Step 6), and select Next.
10. Enter in Your Name and use "Azusa Pacific University" as your organization, then select "Next"
11. The next page states information about the installation, just select "Next". Continue selecting "Next". Agree to the License, select "Next". Select Typical Installation. Confirm the Location of the Installation.
12. The installation might take a few minutes to complete. When the installation completes, select "Finish" to finish the installation process.
1) Take note of where your web browser will be downloading the file to so you can access it after the download completes.
2) Double click on the zip file. It will create a new folder automatically above it. Double click the EndNoteX7Installer.dmg to open up the installer.
3) Drag the EnNote X7 icon into the Applications Folder directly next to it. You may be prompted for your computer password to complete the task. This will install the program.
4) Double click the Applications folder. Then find EndNote X7. If you select it, it will open up more options on the right side. Double click on EndNote X7 in those options. The computer will ask if you want to open it. Select Open.
5) You will then be prompted to complete the set up. Select Next.
6) You will then be prompted for a Product Key. Refer back to step 2. The License is located in the extracted folder. Copy the key and use it.
7) You will then be prompted for your Name and Organization. Use Azusa Pacific University for your organization.
8) The set up will prompt you to continue. Select Next.
9) You will be asked to agree to the license agreement. Select Agree. Then select Next.
10) You will be asked if you want to Customize. You may do so if you wish but you do not need to. Just select next.
11) Afterwards just select done to finish the setup.
Need more help with EndNote? Check out these resources