This document contains instructions for doing a "Different first page" for Microsoft Word for Mac and Windows.
For Mac Word 2011:
- Go to File on the menu bar --> Page Setup
- Change the settings to Microsoft Word
- Click on the Margins button
- Click on the Layout Button, then select "Different first page" and click OK
- Now you have a different first page header:
To view this go to VIew on the menu bar and select Header and footer.
For Windows Word 2007/Word 2010
- Go to Insert on the Ribbon, click on the Header icon and then select Edit Header
- Locate the "Design" located under the title "Header & Footer Tools" Check the box "Different First Page"
- You will then see the new "Header" area: