- Select the people you want to have a Hangout with. Here are three ways to find people:
- Find someone in your Hangouts list.
- Click the + button at the top of your Hangouts list and type a name, email address, or phone number.
- Search for a Google+ circle using the search box at the top of your Hangouts list.
- Click the grey check mark next to the person’s name or the circle.
- Repeat the first two steps to add additional people.
- Click the video call button .
The video call for Hangouts is available in full-screen view. To view the toolbar for options like muting sound and turning off the video feed during the video call, hover over the top center of the screen. To view the apps that allow you to do things like sharing your desktop during the video call, hover over the left side of the screen.
Add people after the video call has started
Anyone in the Hangout can add more people after the video call starts.
- Click the invite people button at the top of the video call window.
- Type someone's name or the name of a circle.
- Click Add people to send the notifications to the people you chose.