In order to use Hangouts your computer must meet the following requirements:
Supported browsers and operating systems
Hangouts supports the current version and the 2 previous major releases of the browsers listed below on a rolling basis.
Hangouts supports the current version and the 2 previous major releases of the operating systems listed below on a rolling basis.
- Mac OS X
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Ubuntu and other Debian based Linux distributions
Specifications for sending and receiving messages
- You can have a group Hangout with up to 100 people.
Requirements and specifications for video calls
There are a few specifications and limitations of video calls that you should be aware of:
- Video calls can have a maximum of 15 participants.
- There's a 150 minute check-in to make sure you're still there.
- You need to have a broadband connection to the Internet.
Processor Minimum Requirements:
- Any 2 GHz dual core processor or greater.
- For 1:1 connections we suggest a 1 mbps/1 mbps (up/down)
- For group video connectivity we suggest 1 mbps/2 mbps (up/down)
Last Updated: 11/12/15