Plug-in installations errors
Receiving 1603 error
In Microsoft Windows, if you encounter a 1603 error during installation, you can run the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter . After running the utility, upgrades and installations should proceed normall
How to Uninstall the plugin
To uninstall in Windows:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll down to find Google Talk plugin.
- Click Remove, then Yes, then Finish.
To uninstall in Mac OS X:
- Open Finder and then open the Terminal application.
- Copy and paste the following command into the window: open /Library/Application\ Support/Google/GoogleVoiceAndVideoUninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleVoiceAndVideoUninstaller
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
Google Talk plugin may crash for uses on OSX 10.6.8
Thanks to your reports, we’ve identified an issue affecting the Google Talk plugin in Macintosh OSX 10.6.8 which causes it to crash unexpectedly. The crashes in this case can happen between the greenroom and joining a Hangout, after a Hangout or after a 1:1 call. This particular crash is caused by an incompatibility with Rogue Amoeba’s Audio Hijack Pro software.
While both we and Rogue Amoeba are working to resolve the issue, you can use the following as a workaround in the meantime:
- Start Audio Hijack Pro
- Under the Audio Hijack Pro menu, click Install Extras....
- In the Instant On feature, click Instant On Preferences....
- Click the + button to add an exclusion.
- Add the following, /Library/Application\ Support/Google/GoogleTalkPlugin.app.
Doing so should resolve Talk plugin crashes due to this incompatibility. We’re still investigating other types of crashes, however, so please keep reporting them to us as they happen.
Hangouts does not support certain mics and webcams
- Logitech webcams (C310, C910, etc.) don't work on Mac OS X 10.6.7 or earlier
- VideoPower Plus software for webcams: For Windows machines only, the latest version of the cc.vdo file is not compatible.
- Tascam US-144
- Realtek ALC883 Audio Codec, Version 126.96.36.19913
- Conexant 20585 SmartAudio HD
Hangouts crash on some Samsung devices
We've received reports from users experiencing crashes when starting or joining video calls on Samsung devices. We are investigating this issue and working on getting it resolved.
Contacts I don't remember blocking, are blocked in Hangouts
If you've blocked someone in another Google property like Google Plus, Google Reader, Google Talk or Google Buzz, the person will also be blocked in Hangouts. You can unblock the person in Hangouts, but it will also unblock the person in other Google properties.