1) Go to your mail settings
2) Go to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab, the very first option should be “Forwarding” and to the right of that the “Add a forwarding address” option, click that.
3) You will be prompted to enter the address you would like to forward your mail to, enter the desired email address and click “Next”
4) You will be asked to confirm that the address you entered is the correct address
5a) Next, open an email, click the “More” dropdown list and select “Filter messages like these
5b) Or, alternatively, check the box to the left of the email, and select “More” and then “Filter messages like these
6) By selecting “Filter messages like these” you will be brought to a filter page, where you are able to fill out as much, or as little, information about incoming messages that you would like to filter. The more specific you make it, the more precise the filter will be. Once you have filled out the form, click “Create filter with this search”
7) To forward the messages, find the “Forward it to: *drop down box*” Since you have already added a forwarding address, you can click the dropdown box, and select that address, check the box in front of the “Forward it to” and then click “Create filter”. However, as you can see in the picture, there are many more options besides forwarding.
NOTE: Gmail will not filter messages you have already received, it will only filter new messages
Last Updated: 11/12/15