Monitor your Gmail Activity
For security reasons, it is not a bad idea to see where and when your Gmail account is being accessed.
Marking an email as SPAM
How to change your email default font:
How to change your email default font
How to use Keyboard Commands in Gmail
Note: For these shortcuts to work, you must enable keyboard shortcuts in the settings. To do this, hit the gear in the top right of Gmail. Then click Settings.
Once this is done, you can now use the shortcuts below:
Switching tabs: Ctrl + The number of the position of the tab (2nd tab = Ctrl + 2)
Compose: C (in Gmail)
Send your email: Tab+Enter
Scroll up your inbox: J
Scroll down your inbox: K
Opens the email you highlighted: O
Reply to message: R
Go to Inbox: G + I
Brings up a master list of keyboard commands: Shift + /
Editing Labels in Gmail
1) Go to the settings section of Gmail
2) Go to the Labels tab, and you will find a listing of all the labels that you have in your Gmail account. There are different categories.
System labels: Google makes and you cannot edit or remove them. However, you can show or hide them, with the exception of the Inbox, which is always shown.
Categories: Again, you cannot edit or remove them, but again, you can show or hide them.
Circles: You cannot edit or remove them, but again, you can show or hide them, these have to do with Google+ for the most part.
Lastly is “Labels”: These are the labels you have created, you have some options here, including edit and remove, as well as when to show them.
3) So if you don’t want to see a label, and you can’t remove it, simply hide it, and anything in that category will be hidden as well.
APUNEWS Gmail Filter
Forwarding APU emails to another account
Forward Messages to another Account
How to Have Gmail Reply to a Different Email Address
- Go to the Google Gear and select Settings.
- Click on the Accounts link
- Locate the section Send mail as: Select the Edit info link to the right of your name
- Select the Specify a different "reply-to" address option
- Enter the email address you wish the replies to be sent to and click Save
- Once you have sent out the email, it will be replied to an alternate address. If you would like to undo this process, repeat the steps and remove the reply address you entered in step 5.
Go fullscreen with Gmail compose
1) Click Compose, then click what looks like a resize arrow in the top right corner. If you want the composition window to be in a separate window, rather than just a larger window on your email screen, you can hold in the “shift” key when you click the arrows, and it will pop out into a new window
2) If you want this to be your default option, click the downward-facing arrow, and select “Default to full-screen”
Article is closed for comments.