Adding a Personal Email Address
Adding a personal email address to home.apu.edu is crucial for account security, should your account password expire or become inoperable, a 3rd party email address will allow you to recover your account. If you have a personal email on file and want to request a password reset, please see our article on How to Request a Password Reset Email. The following steps will walk you through the process of adding the email address:
1. Log into your home account, select the gear icon in the top right corner, and select your name. Click on the edit icon next to your email address.
2. Proceed with the following steps:
- Click the add button and select personal. The one in the picture already has a personal email, but on your screen it will appear in the add drop menu.
- Type in your personal email address in the available field.
- Click the save button to save the changes you have just made.