LastPass - https://lastpass.com/
Description of Application/Tool
LastPass is easy, secure password and data management. Not only is the LastPass Password Manager free, it saves you time while keeping you safe. While our minds struggle to keep track of an increasingly complex variety of online accounts, LastPass allows you to effortlessly save, organize, and access your login data.
How to Sign up for the Application/Tool
- Visit http: https://lastpass.com/download
- Download and install LastPass
- Create an account. NOTE: LastPass does not use Google authentication. Faculty and staff are encouraged to use a personal email address when signing up. The reason being if you leave the university you will not lose access to your LastPass Account.
For the promoted use, LastPass is free to use. The premium service is $12 a year for an individual, this includes access to the mobile app, ad free environment, and priority support.
How to Learn More about this Application/Tool
Best Practices for this Application/Tool
- Set a strong, non-dictionary based password phrase for your Master Password. Make sure you memorize it.
- Transfer all of your website credentials over to LastPass
- Start using the LastPass Password Generator to create passwords for new accounts and to change old weak account passwords.
- All of your passwords are accessible through your browser even if you have no internet connection
APU can remove access to this tool at any time without prior notice if IMT determines that the continued use of LastPass poses a significant risk to the safety and privacy of university and student data.