What is an Asset Tag?
An asset tag is a label placed on every APU issued device. The label will say "Azusa Pacific University" with a barcode, and a 5 or 6 digit number below it.
Depending on the device you have, the asset tag may be placed in a different location.
APU Issued Laptop
- Located on the bottom of the device.
APU Issued Desktop
- Located on the top or bottom of the computer
Unable to Locate Asset Tag?
- If your Asset Tag is not legible, please provide the computer Name. Below are instructions for how to locate the computer names for Windows and Apple devices.
Windows 10 (HP):
- Click the windows icon in the lower left hand corner of screen
- Right Click "This PC" or "Computer"
- Click "More" > Click "Properties"
4. You should see a new window that says "About". On this page, locate the "Device Specifications"
- Click the Apple in the upper left hand corner
- Select "System Preferences"
- Click Sharing
- Computer Name should be located at the top of Sharing Window
Article is closed for comments.