APU has a new VPN client for employees working remotely who need access to local resources. The following steps have been prepared for self service. Contact the Support Center for additional assistance at email@example.com or extension 5050.
Note: You will only be able to follow these instructions from Off Campus. VPN services are not available while on the campus network. Also, we recommend uninstalling Cisco AnyConnect (previous vpn client) if you had previously installed it. Mobile devices are not currently supported.
1. Use your Web Browser to navigate to https://vpn.apu.edu (note https:// required)
Note: this webpage is only available off campus.
If you're on campus, you can download the new VPN client and then skip to step 4:
We recommend you uninstall the old VPN client if you still have it.
2. Log in with your APU NetID and password. (Your username is without the @apu.edu.)
3. Select the download associated with the type of computer you have.
Tip: For most Windows users this will be the 64bit version. For Mac, there is only one regardless.
4. Run the file and proceed with the steps prompted for installation
5. Open the Global Protect Application on your computer
NOTE: On MacOS, an additional dialog box might need to be clicked to make this work. See the picture below.
6. In the Portal text box provided, enter vpn.apu.edu
6. Enter your APU NetID (username - without @apu.edu) and password.
6. Click the Connect button to establish your VPN connection
To connect or disconnect in the future, look for the Global Protect icon in your System Tray (Windows) or your Menu Bar (MacOS).