All network maintenance has been completed. Thank you for allowing us this time to improve our systems and reliability for the future. All services should be operational. If you are part of the small group of employees who use VPN to connect remotely to File Shares or other resources on campus, you will need to install the new Global Protect VPN client to gain access.
Update 2017-11-24 03:09 PM - In order to test high availability failover for our primary Azusa Internet Connections, a momentary interruption was logged from 02:36-02:41pm and for less than 1 minute at 03:03pm.
Update 2017-11-24 02:30 PM - Client VPN configuration and user instructions are available. Update Complete
Update 2017-11-24 12:30 PM - Connectivity from Regional centers and sites to Azusa Campus is restored. Cloud VPN's restored. Client VPN configuration and user instructions to follow.
Update 2017-11-24 11:42 AM - Continuing work on Regional Center connection from phones and wifi units. Some Cloud VPN's restored. Client VPN configuration and user instructions to follow.
Update 2017-11-24 10:38 AM - Regional Center connection from phones and wifi units are in progress, along with Cloud VPN's. Client VPN configuration and user instructions to follow.
Update 2017-11-24 09:33 AM - Regional Center connection from phones and wifi units still pending, along with Cloud VPN's. Client VPN configuration and user instructions to follow.
Update 2017-11-24 08:33 AM - Connectivity from Regional centers and sites to Azusa Campus starting to come up [corrected: previously reported up]. Confirming status of regional campus desk phone service and local wifi at sites.
Update 2017-11-24 07:33 AM - As of 7:33AM Reznet APUWIFI internet access from dorms and campus apartments, and Guest WIFI are operational. Duration of impact (05:20-06:18AM, and 07:16-07:33AM). Regional Campus connectivity to Main Campus still pending.
Update 2017-11-24 05:36 AM - Azusa Campus Internet, APU Website, and other Internet facing services that rely on APU authentication all operational. Duration of impact (5:20-5:35am). Reznet APUWIFI internet access from Dorms and Campus Apartments is being tested. We will update status of Regional Campus connectivity back to Main Campus shortly.
On Friday, November 24 5:00-5:30am, IMT will be conducting maintenance on critical equipment that sits between APU campuses and the internet. There will be a 30 minute period of time that APU’s connection to the internet will be interrupted.
Campuses and General Impact
- Azusa East and West Campus, Residential Areas will lose connectivity to the Internet within the window
- Regional Campus connectivity back to Main Campus will be disrupted
- Services hosted by APU on site, or that rely on APU authentication will be temporarily unavailable
* Note for VPN Users:
This maintenance will require the installation of new VPN software. If you use the Cisco Anyconnect VPN software to access services on campus while you are remote, you will need to install new software following the event on Nov 24.
IMT has created this self-service article for installing the new VPN client.
- Internet Access from Azusa Campuses [Up]
- Reznet APUWIFI internet access from Dorms and Campus Apartments [Up]
- The APU Website (www.apu.edu) will be unavailable from the Internet momentarily during the maintenance window [Up]
- Sakai [Up]
- Remote access to Library Services [Up]
- VPN * [Up]
- Home.apu.edu [Up]
- APU Events - events.apu.edu [Up]
- Timekeeping.apu.edu [Up]
- POS systems [Up]
- Regional Campus Phones [Up]
Friday November 24th from 5:00 AM until 5:30 AM
Services Not Affected:
- APU Gmail and Google Apps (you may experience a glitch if needing to sign-in during the maintenance window)
- Azusa Campus Phones and University Operator