1. If you have mapped a network drive on the current device before you can skip to step 5. If this is the first time you have attempted to map a network drive, install Network File Share for Chrome OS from Chrome Web Store.
2. Click Add to Chrome to install
3. Click the App Launcher icon. This is located in the bottom left corner.
4. The Apps Launcher menu will appear. Search for the files app and click it to open.
5. Click the "three dot menu" in the upper right.
4. Click "Add new service" and then "Network File Share for Chrome OS".
6. A Mount File Share window will be displayed. For the Share Path add smb://apufiles/group$/IMT. Substitute "IMT" with the name of your department share.
7. Click the "My file share needs a password" checkbox.
8. Enter your APU credentials. Be sure to click the "Store credentials" checkbox if you want the drive to map automatically next time you sign in.
9. Repeat steps 6 through 9 to add either another department drive or to add your personal "L" drive.
10. The path for your L drive will be smb://apufiles/user$/username. Substitute username for your APU username.
11. Once finished your network drives will be displayed on the left hand side of the Files app whenever you sign into your Chrome device.
Last Update 2/13/20
Article is closed for comments.