Each new user must complete the initial setup of their voicemail box. This is done by completing the steps below:
- From your Cisco IP phone, select the messages button. This automatically dials the extension for voicemail (ext. 3620).
- You will be prompted for a security code. The default security code is four zeros, "0000".
- The automated tutorial will provide easy-to-follow instructions on how to setup your mailbox. You will be prompted to do the following, so please be prepared to complete all three steps:
- Change your security code: your new security code must be 4 to 15 digits in length. As a safeguard, please do not use your extension or simple combinations as the security code. Enter your new security code plus # when you are instructed, and then re-enter for confirmation. This new security code will be used to access your voicemail in the future.
- Record your name: this will identify your mailbox. To start recording, press 2. To stop recording, press 2 again. You will be given the option of hearing and re-recording your name if necessary.
- Record your personal greeting: this greeting will be played when callers are given the opportunity to leave you a message. To start recording, press 2. To stop recording, press 2 again. You will be given the option of hearing and re-recording your greeting if necessary.
Congratulations! Your voicemail is now setup.